***~~~ Please click on any pictures to enlarge~~~***

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BooMama's Before and After

This is a great and I mean great one if I do say so myself. BooMama is having a before and after party. This will entail finding that project that really needs to be done and doing it. Oh, imagine. For me, I don't even know where to begin, but I really need to do this. It will give me some motivation and a starting point. I have decided to do my living room. Here is the list of to do's.

  1. Paint the walls Tobacco Road.
  2. Paint the wall unit bright white.
  3. Paint the crown molding, that you can hardly see, bright white.
  4. Accessorize my mantel. I will be going here on Thursday for inspiration, because as you can see in my Before pictures, I need inspiration.
  5. I will also be doing some picture hanging. I think I want to do a picture wall but am not real sure.
  6. I don't know that this one will happen but I would like to take down the ceiling fan and spray paint it white. It's a great fan with great globes but the base and blades are not my taste. In Mississippi you have to have a fan!!

That's my list. I would love new furniture but I don't need to do that this year. So I may add some pretty pillows and make it look a little spiffier.

Thanks, BooMama for giving this challenge. I think it will really help!!!!

Here are my befores: Don't even look at what I have on the shelves. It will all change. Except maybe my bully platter. I think any good Bulldog fan should be displaying a platter, right?!





If you want to join in then go over to BooMama's or just go check out everyone else that's doing it!!

BooMamaBeforeAfter

Blessings,
Trixi



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have one long list girlfriend! I will see you tommorow. I will post on my mantel... hope to see you there1 Susie h

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Thanks for stopping by my place. I love your house and laughed at the Hobbit Kichen comment. Yea for husbands that can make kitchens bigger!

I think you should definitely think about painting the brick on the fireplace before you do it. It's so. . .permanent. . .

I think it could also be a regional thing. Here in West Texas, no one paints their fireplaces. It just an accent.

Good luck with your list!

Kimba said...

That's a big list! I can't wait to see the results! It's going to be beautiful.

Jane said...

This is going to be fun! HGTV for real! 'Secially since I don't actually have cable!

Natalie said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so glad you did. I'm am also so excited to have you join Be Still Sunday. My hope is that it will be a reminder for all of us to stop and reflect on God's many blessings.

Good luck with that list! That will be an amazing accomplishment!