***~~~ Please click on any pictures to enlarge~~~***

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 days of Thankfulness~~ Day 9

Well, I knew it would happen. I have missed a day. I could do day 8 and 9 together but in the reality of my life this is going to happen more than once. So instead I am going to do the day I can and be thankful for that.

Today, I am so thankful for the fact that I am home enjoying every moment of my children. We went for a run this morning, school this afternoon, and now we are working on different tasks. My Lindsey is busily making yeast rolls for dinner, Peyton has been digging holes for fence posts, and Katherine is working on some paintings for a birthday present. Life is good.

In one of my comments I was encouraged to be thankful in all circumstances and I hope that I am. This is not an easy life that we have chosen. There's lots of work to do and very little money to do it all. It would be so much easier if I worked and there were two incomes coming in but the trade off of being at home is worth so much more than the lack of money. Things don't always go right around here, and sometimes I get ridiculously stressed, but Lord willing, I am working on that.

16 Rejoice ever more. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.~~~ 1Thessalonians 5:16-18

Photobucket

3 comments:

Gina said...

What a neat project! I need the reminder to sit down and count my blessings!
Gina

His bondservant said...

Trixi,
What a great reminder. No, it is not easy...and yes, funds can get very tight...especially when health issues come too. But, I wouldn't trade my life for anything either. I get the privilege of serving my family and I know I will never regret the time I have spent with them. Thank you for reminding us of the things in life that really matter. God bless, Jackie

justcallmerie said...

Trixi, I know what you mean about the second income. Our home is the home I grew up in and since we moved here six years ago it has never stopped being a remodel in progress.

Living week to week and loving on my babies. Like you said, life is good.