***~~~ Please click on any pictures to enlarge~~~***

Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 days of Thankfulness~~ Day 7

Day 7 of my thankfulness journey will include a little about our "Journey".


About 6 years ago, Ronnie saw very clearly that we needed to begin a simpler lifestyle. So we left the nice new house, that my honey built, in the nice trendy neighborhood and moved to a little house, that we are constantly doing something to, on a small parcel of land. It was a huge jump but one that we have never regretted. Since that first initial move we have, Lord willing, moved to our final home on our little mini farm.


I am so thankful for this change in pace and here is a little snippet of why.....


We enjoy some of the most beautiful sunsets across the pastures.We get to see and experience God's creation up close. I love a mother hen with all of her chicks in tow. I hope we have more of these this year.
If the kids want a pot bellied pig, they can have one and I don't have to explain it to a home owner's association. Oh, and that's Lindsey's giant white rabbit in the cage. Ha Ha
The kids get to run through pastures and the garden if they want to.
The girls get to act on their passion for horses. I don't know if that's really a plus or not but they seem to think so.
We have also been able to truly experience neighborliness. Since moving to our little small town we have been able to be a part of a community that really looks out for one another. It's a neat thing to watch and be a part of.


And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.~~~ Gen. 1:31

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Hi Trixi, what a wonderful post. I wanted to return the blog visit, and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on mine.

30 days of Thankfulness is really quite a challenge. It's easy to be thankful for things that turn out the way we want. It's tough though, to give thanks in everything when things are tough. In the end, I think thankfulness a habit, one I try to cultivate too. 1 Thes 5:16-18 are some of my theme verses.

Trixi said...

Such a good reminder. I should post on the not so good things to be thankful for today!!

Connie in Hartwood said...

We experienced the same thing when we moved from an HOA 'community' (not!) to our acreage in the country. I have experienced more neighborliness here than we ever did where we lived before.

I thoroughly appreciate the freedom that I have now, with room to stretch my wings, and no one to answer to but myself and my husband with our decisions on what we do here. Life is good, and we are blessed.

Cinnamon said...

Oh I had to laugh at the "neighborlessness" too funny!!

Your land looks fun and busy. What a blessing indeed~

~Cinnamon