***~~~ Please click on any pictures to enlarge~~~***

Saturday, November 6, 2010

30 days of Thankfulness~~ Day 6


Whew, I almost missed it......

Today, I am thankful for my extended family. I have a wonderful mother who raised 3 kids all by herself. It was HARD. We had a tough., tough, time making it on my mother's tiny salary and my non existent father's measily little child support. However, each of us have turned out pretty well (in the "worlds" standards), if I do say so myself. After my siblings and I all finished school and were married, my mother went back to college to get a degree in nursing. She now works harder than ever so that she can spend just about every dime she has extra on the grandkids. It use to drive me insane but now I am at a place that I realize she couldn't do this for her own kids, so now she does it for all of ours. My mother is about to be grandmother to her 10th grandchild, so her giving is spread out pretty good. Ha Ha She is also enjoying life by going on trips and such. We are so glad that she is really getting to enjoy herself now. She deserves it!!


I also have a sister, who I talk to just about everyday. She and I are totally different on the way we raise our children (homeschooling) and such but we agree to disagree and have a great relationship. Then there's the baby brother. We don't talk often but when we do it's like we haven't missed a beat.


I also need to include my inlaws in on this post. My husband has really good parents and I am so thankful for that. They are part of the reason why he is the great man that he is.


God has blessed us abundantly with family!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Makes me want to join you. A little late that is but never to late to be thankful :)