We don't really make New Year's resolutions but I do want to make a list of some goals, both personal and farm related for this upcoming year.
Personal Goals for 2011:
- I start to read through my Bible every year and I never succeed. I would like to complete the whole thing this year. I am using a mix of two plans. I am doing a chronological reading of the Old Testament and I am combining a partial of Prof. Horner's reading plan for the New Testament.
- We would also like to work on the area of hospitality. We have several people right now who want to come to our house and who we want to come, yet we can't seem to find the time to get together. This is a problem that we are wanting to work on in the coming year. 1Peter 4:9, Hebrews 13:2, Romans 12:13
- I would also like to lose a little weight. I lost 30lbs. last year only to gain it back. I would love to lose it again and resume a healthier lifestyle. Also, I would like to start my daily exercise regime. I did so good last year. I have gotten lazy again.:(
- I also want to work on a Homemaking Binder. I would love to get everything important in one place and have a little better organizational system. Here are some examples: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2010/01/creating-a-homemaking-binder.html, http://www.squidoo.com/home-organize
- I need to get a little more organized with my record keeping and I need to have my children read and write MORE!! They love to read what they love to read but I need to implement more literature.
- I would like to get the rest of the walls and trim in my home painted. I would also like to get my master bedroom and bath finished. I would like to work on my laundry room. We would love to get our garage enclosed and turn it into a work out/ rec. room.
- Finish the fencing for the back acreage.
- Build the new chicken coop.
- Shore up the garden shed.
- Plant more fruit trees.
- Extend the garden.
- Build a round pen and corral.
This list could go on and on.
- We would like to acquire sheep and turkeys.
I hope you all have lots and lots of goals for the new year and I hope you get most of them accomplished!!!